How do I apply to stand in an election or by-election?

When an election or by-election is called.

You need to complete a fairly straightforward nomination form. It must be signed by your proposer and seconder, and witnessed.

Nomination forms are obtained from Electoral Services Manager, Borough Council of King’s Lynn & West Norfolk, King’s Court, Chapel Street, King’s Lynn PE30 1EXHow do I apply for co-option to the Parish Council?

Co-option is a less formal process than election.

The Parish Council may fill vacant seats on the Council by co-option

  1. When seats on the Council remain unfilled after the four-yearly election (because fewer than eleven valid nominations were submitted), or
  2. After a “casual vacancy” is created, for example by resignation of a councillor, and if, after the vacancy has been officially advertised, a by-election process has not been formally requested by 10 electors.

When the Parish Council has a vacancy which it is seeking to fill by co-option, if you want to put your name forward, or if you would like more information about what’s involved, please contact the Parish Clerk by email.

Cookies For Comments Image